Oct 18, 2014

Dueling Darlings Catch Up: September's Recipe Card

Yes, it really is a second post in one day, haha.
September's Dueling Darling kit came from Debbie, clear across the continent from me!

Debbie sent us a MFT image and luscious dark red and deep brown cardstock to work with. (two of my absolute favorite colors!)  I dug out some DP that has been just waiting to be used and before I knew what was up, the card just flew together:

Notice the spatula on the bottom and the oven mitt on the top? Those were incredibly cute chip board shapes that Debbie sent, colored with my Spectrum Noir Markers.  I thought it was pretty fun!



Look at this darling little cook.  Hmmm, it was a long time ago that I was that thin!















In September our church has an International Food Festival.  I head up the table for France.  This year we served a simpler version of Pork and Sausage Cassoulet.  So I thought that it would be a good recipe to use for the Duel.


Anyone who knows me knows that my ingredients are approximate, so feel free to adapt it as you go along.  This is pretty close to what I did, but be warned - it completely fills a LARGE crock pot, so you may want to cut it in half.

We cook for about 300 small servings at the Food Festival, so that's why this makes so much.










Here's the back side with the rest of the recipe:

Very warm and not too unhealthy either.  Makes for great leftovers too!  If any of you want the recipe emailed to you just let me know.

Thank you Debbie for a fun deviation, it was great to 
make a recipe card for a change of pace!

12 comments:

Barb said...

Darlene--what a cute recipe card. Love the mitt--so cute! That recipe sound delish--I think we will try it!

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jimlynn said...

More cuteness and a great recipe card! Um....the recipe looks delicious too!!!
Lynn

Kristie W. said...

Adorable recipe card! Love the MFT image and those cute chipboard pieces! The recipe sounds pretty good too :-)

Carol W said...

Cute, cute recipe card....and the recipe sounds amazing!!!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness! I love Love Love this!!! The DP is perfect! Your coloring is top notch. And the layout. WOW! Perfect!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous recipe and card Darlene - so good to see you creating and blogging again.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Looks yummy, Darlene! I love the vibrant colors :)

April said...

Such a yummy looking recipe! To go with a yummy recipe card!

Melina said...

This is adorable! I love the way you matted the image and angled it. Too cute! The recipe sounds yummy too! Thanks for sharing. :)

Terry Ladwig said...

Your recipe card is so fun and so colorful!!

Love this!

:: BlueInks :: said...

The colors are great on this recipe card. I really like how you used the papers to create a real kitchen feel!