Apr 3, 2014

Mystery Image Revealed!

Poof....Puffffff....Pffffttt...    That's the sound of me blowing the dust bunnies off my little blog.  Too many demands from work lately, plus a couple rounds of being sick, have made my blog stale!  Well, time to catch up!

March 18th was our reveal date for a Mystery Swap on Split Coast Stampers.  It's a fun group of gals who take turns hosting.  Each hostess picks an image, stamps off sets for all in the group.  We get the image and all have to create cards with it.

It's a mystery until we all receive the image, no one but the host knows what we get to work with!  Great fun!  March's host was Mae, and she picked a lovely favorite from Stampin Up:

Isn't she just darling?  She is colored with a mixture of Spectrum Noir markers, Stampin Up markers and pencils.  Not because I'm that creative mind you, but because my SN markers seem to be drying out.  (I noticed the problem right after buying them, but now, 2yrs later, it's beyond hope until I buy refills)

Maybe this close up shows the sparkle added to her flowers and shoes (thanks to Spica glitter pen)


















The background has been sponged with chalk.










The floral DP is an old one from SU and the embossed lavender paper is DCWV.  Thank you Mae, for picking such a great image this round!  I should have my returns from this swap and can hardly wait to see what others have done.

That's about it from me for now.  I hope to be back here in a day or two with another posting of some cards made for other swaps back in February and March.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such perfect papers to go with the image. The purple looks great with texture. I also really like the die cut you chose for the image and layer. Great job!!!

jimlynn said...

Darlene, she precious and so is your card. Love the little sprig of green ribbon too. Great patterned paper to show her off!
Lynn

Diane said...

Fabulous colors, die cuts and image.

Hugs diane

kiwimeskreations said...

Darlene this was worth waiting to see - it is beautiful. Love your colours and the way you have coloured and mounted the sweet image.
Blessings
Maxine

Marilyn said...

This is very pretty Darlene! Love the little girl image and those papers... I love purple!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is such a cute card! Love the layering and shapes. Nice!

Margaret said...

So lovely. Has that "Little House on the Prairie" look to it. Love the rich colors you used.

MiamiKel said...

How sweet my friend - you did amazing with this round! (well, ALL the rounds - you know what I mean!) Such a great coloring and color choice! BIJOU-tiful!

NancyK said...

Darlene - I love the colors you used here. The purple and gold are gorgeous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a sweet image- and love your coloring with a touch of sparkle too! The embossed purple paper really makes her pop too!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Darlene, I am so sorry I thought I had stopped by and left love. I love the purple and how you colored the little gal. The layout and dsp you used...mwahhh...great job on this card...just perfect!!!