Jan 18, 2014

January Mystery Image Swap

Did you faint?  Two blog posts by me in one week?  (and I'm not even late for this one...)

Today is the reveal day for our Mystery Image Swap on SCS.  Kate is our host and she chose this adorable little guy from SU:
He's colored with a combination of pencils & gamsol and SU markers.  I went kinda fantasy on his colors, hope that's ok!

The papers are a little glittery and from a pack by DCWV called "Nana's Nursery, Baby Girl". I punched an oversized border punch by Martha Stewart, cut it in half and pieced it along the edge of the green DP to make that edge.






Here's a view from an angle, trying to show the glitter on the DP's.  However I doubt that it shows up well.



Thank you Kate for getting me outside of my usual zone with this fun little dinosaur image!  I hope that you and the other swappers like my card and thanks also for being a great hostess for this round!  Can't wait to get these back and see what the mystery image is for the next round.
Thanks for dropping by and thanks for leaving comments.  Wishing you all a great day!

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

Darlene, he's SO CUTE! What a precious image and I love your card. Really like the way you did the scallop edging on this and that fun paper.
Lynn

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a cute card, Darlene. Love the way you diecut the image and that paper is such fun!

Carol W said...

Cute card Darlene. I love the direction you took this image...great job. ♥

paige said...

Cute card Darlene! Looks like you had fun creating with this image!

Barb said...

What a cutie Darlene! Love your coloring--and the glitter too! Sweet layout and love the dies you used!

Melina said...

very cute! love the shape you used with the image :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Darlene - this is fabulous - love the background papers and how you have used them, and the colouring of the image is so cute.
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

The die cut you used is just perfect for the image...like it was made for it. Fun card!!!

Linda said...

Darlene, what a cute way to display that little dino. I love the colors. Girls like dinosaurs, too!!

Linda said...

Darlene, what a cute way to display that little dino. I love the colors. Girls like dinosaurs, too!!

MiamiKel said...

Too cute, Darlene! Love the frame that you gave the dino and the beautiful scalloped border - You go girl! x0

Margaret said...

Fabulous job with this cute image. His coloring is perfect! The dp you used is also just perfect. It's fun to get out of our comfort zones once in awhile.

~Paola~ said...

awwww, what a sweet card Darlene...
love how you colored the cute Triceratop!♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the card- the cute image and the layout- the edge punch is one of my favorites!