Jan 29, 2013

Revisiting An Old Favorite

I just love the retired set from SU! called "Sweet Herbs" (1999), it's one of my very favorite sets.  I love to grow my own herbs each year and this set always reminds me of the short Spring and Summer months up here when we cram a lot of gardening in!

The stamp was colored directly with SU's markers and inked onto Very Vanilla CS.  The panel is mounted onto some rust colored Mulberry paper that has been torn and feathered on the edges.  The two DP's are from SU as well, layered onto Navy CS and then onto Very Vanilla for the card base.

Here's a closer view.

See the little flower in the corner?  It was made by punching two little flowers, curling up the edges and adding a little gem in the center.  Here's a closer look:

Well, if my tally is correct, this makes 29 cards for the 100 Cards in 100 Days challenge.  A brave attempt to use up some of our collections of treasures, not purchasing anything new to create the 100 cards.  So far, so good!

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for leaving your comments.  I appreciate them all and wish each of you a great day!

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

I can see why this set is a favourite! Very versatile and I love the way you've inked this one up.

jimlynn said...

EEEK!!!! Darlene, someone gave me this stamp set a couple of years ago and I LOVE IT!! I'd forgotten all about it! Thanks for the inspiration and your cards are gorgeous!
Lynn

April said...

Great stamp set! I understand the short growing season! Glad that theses cards can lengthen it up for you!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Some of the older than dirt sets are the best we have! I like what you created with this one. The little sentiment sign is adorable.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous cards- LOVE the colors and that gorgeous flower you added in the corner. Oh, you are making me feel so lazy.....!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful stamp, and I love the way you have used it - the mounting really makes the image sing.
Blessings
Maxine

paige said...

I'm so happy to see you using your older stamps! I thought I was the only one using oldies, but goodies! Lovely card!

Liz Williams said...

I;ve been revisiting my old retired SU sets as well for Valentines Day and also for the card I used for our COF challenge for January. I love how you stamped this using the various colors. I didn't have that set but I always loved that one.