Oct 31, 2012

Crafters of Faith October Challenge

I am fortunate to be part of a wonderful group of women called "Crafters of Faith".  Since joining a few months ago I have started new friendships with these talented women. We share our faith in God and provide support and encouragement for one another through prayer and our common belief in His grace.

Each month one member posts a challenge and on the last day of the month we post our cards in response..  This month's hostess is Sharon and here is her challenge:

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
 From Sharon:
Wow, it's hard to believe that there is only 3 more months left of 2012...where has the time gone?? Some of you may know from reading my blog this week that Autumn is my favorite season of the year.
In Southern Ontario it is quickly making its appearance and where I'm from the colour of the changing leaves can be quite spectacular. It's so inspiring--I just love it!
Autumn also includes my most favourite holiday celebration--THANKSGIVING!! It's hard not to love a holiday that calls on us to give thanks for our blessings. I realize not everyone around the world celebrates this holiday, and our friends in the U.S. don't celebrate until November, so for this challenge you can choose to make either a card for thanksgiving OR a thank you card for someone who has been a blessing to you. Please use at least 2 designer papers and 1 embellishment, and most importantly, have fun!

Here is my card:
Those of you who have known me a while know that using DP is a new thing for me, ha ha.  I learned to make cards by using all blank stock and putting my own backgrounds and textures on it.  So using TWO DPs on one card was a good challenge to stretch myself.  Thank you Sharon!

So, if you can see, I actually managed to use 3 coordinating papers on the front! 

Here is a side view to show the depth of this card using those foam pop ups.  
Below is the inside of the card, with space to add a white panel for a sentiment.  The stamps and dies are from A Muse Studios and the DP is from SU, I think.  (I bought it from another card maker in a bundle so I'm not sure of the origin.)
I have so many blessings in my life.  My family, some exceptional friends, my career, my health...it's a long list!  The verse that Sharon selected for this challenge is so appropriate for this time of year.  Whenever I think that too many things are going wrong, I try to stop myself and remember all that I have to be thankful for.  It usually stops the "Woe is Me" train dead in its tracks.  To the members of Crafters of Faith:  each of you is a blessing to many, including me!

Be sure to visit their blogs also and admire their work.  Links are in my sidebar.  Thank you for stopping by and any comments that you may leave.  Peace be with you!

15 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is LOVELY! The colors/papers you used are gorgeous together! What a great border punch effect, too. I really should remember to use my border punches once in a while. You've inspired me!

Love being a Crafter of Faith with you! Hugs!!!

maryrose said...

Lovely card, Darlene! Warning you...once you start using fancy papers, it's hard to go back! LOL! Your card is so bright and cheerful, and your post was so sweet and heart warming. Glad to have you in our group!

kadie said...

Darlene, your card is SO LOVELY!! I love those orange and greens and such FAB layout! Beautiful thank you card. I'm so thankful to be part of this group with you! HUGS

Barb said...

Darlene--your card is beautiful I love the papers you chose and I too think the border punch is perfect.

I am so glad we are a part of this wonderful group of ladies!

jimlynn said...

Darlene, this is so pretty! Those colors are just so inviting and lovely! Beautiful card.
Lynn

April said...

I am so dp-challenged! Iam in awe of your creation....and what a lovely image!
I am so thankful to be in COF with you!!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Darlene, you did outstanding...and you met the dsp quota +1...that is a big leap from plain cardstock...you are growing in leaps and bounds...I am so blessed to have you in my life and you know I'm here for you if you need me...I also know that you are always there for me and I am so grateful...big hugs to my my dear friend...and you have created a beautiful card...♥

stamp-color-and create said...

Darlene, what a gorgeous card! You rose to the challenge and beyond, my friend. Love the DP's you chose -- they all coordinate so well. So glad to have the privilege of getting to know you and THANKS for playing along with me this month :-)

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such cheery colors, D! I really like the textures and DP's you used. This card turned out great!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darlene- looks like you have been pairing DP for ages- love the great colors you used for your card- and what a fabulous group you are in!

marsha said...

Darlene, what a lovely card! I love the orange and green combo and that gorgeous lacy border. I'm thankful for being in this fabulous group, looking forward to getting to know you better!

Hugs and blessings,
Marsha

MiamiKel said...

Oh Darlene, love you!! Your card is spectacular!! The colors are so bright and fresh ...mthe design is perfect!! I know you are so thankful,and a sweetheart of a gal and we just are so thankful rig back to know you!! Blessings as you head into the holiday,season!! Xoxo

~Paola~ said...

oh wowwww Darlene! Look at all those fabby colorful d/p and how well they all go together!It's a feast for the eyes! I also love the simple inked flower...U made it totally pop by ink it in color!
what a {{happy}} card this is!!
As far as thank yous, I am sooo grateful U are in my life...I'll be calling you very soon...I think U must know why!!! *wink* Love ya my sweet and very talented friend!!!xoxox

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card. I love the pretty colors and your layout is great.

Ana Carolina Little said...

Darlene... so sorry!!! I don't know how I missed to comment on two blogs this month!!!. Love the colours in your card and great layout as well!!! We are very blessed to have such a beautiful group!!!