Feb 29, 2012

Reflection Technique: February's TAT Challenge

The Stamp Addicts Blogging Group on Split Coast have started at Try-A-Technique Challenge (TAT).  Each month one of us hosts: picks a technique to use for the challenge, posts links to various resources explaining the technique and generally prods us...ahem...encourages us to give it a go!

This month's TAT is Reflection Technique.  Stamp your main image(s) and create a reflection of that image by stamping onto vellum, wax paper, acetate, etc., flipping it over and Viola!  You have the inverse of the image as a reflection.

Here's what I managed to come up with:

I just love this old SU set.  The card base is Wasau cream stock, the mountain stamp is a favorite from somewhere, there is no name on it.  Likely an eBay treasure.  It's stamped in Creamy Caramel and lightly sponged with Old Olive.  The sky is sponged with Brocade Blue and Not Quite Navy.

I stamped the image & colored with SU markers, then cut her out and popped her out on top of the "lake".  I've had these clear and various colors of vellum forever, bought when I was just beginning to make cards.  I used to buy anything, thinking it was cool, and eventually I would know how to use it. LOL

The image was stamped again and colored onto the blue vellum, dried with the heat gun, then flipped over to get the reverse.  Then mounted on the card base.

Here's a view from the side so you can see (sort of)
 the depth of the mounting on the image and the sentiment.



I really liked this technique and think that there are lots of possibilities to be considered for its use.  I can hardly wait for next month's TAT challenge to be announced!




Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit the  other members of Stamp Addicts (their blogs are listed on my sidebar) to admire their Reflection Techniques!  You'll be impressed!

11 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is just a vision, Darlene - you have such a way with scenes and nature and creating lifelike images! This is bijou-tifully done in soft, subtle colors - great technique, too! Hugs!

Barb said...

This is such a stunning card--love the colors and the image just pops off the paper!

jimlynn said...

Super fantastic!!! Love the way you did the reflection part on the vellum! OUTSTANDING and so pretty.
Lynn

paige said...

Oh my, wow! Your card is fabulous! Love the idea using vellum for this technique! Thanks for the fun challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just beautiful! I want to be there...! I love the vellum and the mountains in the background...!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I think you can mark this one down as a winner technique! Wow, you did awesome. I love it.

~Paola~ said...

pfiuii it finally ALLOWED me to comment in here! (the 'post a comment' link was not opening for me as I tried several times earlier :/)
Anyways, Darlene your card is precious! sooo beautifully executed with the addition of mountains in the midst too...gorgeous lake scenery indeed and your choice of stamp is absolutly perfect for the mirror/reflection tecnique! I love that set!! TFS♥

Pauline said...

What a beautiful creation! Such vivid colours. This is one of my favourite SU sets too... along with it's sister set... so glad to have stumbled across your blog!
hugs from Australia,
Pauline

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... Darlene, your reflection card is stunning! I am in awe!!!

Carol W said...

Holy Hannah girlfriend you rocked this technique to the core...well done...outstanding...mwahhhh ♥

Marilyn said...

Oh my Word Darlene... this is amazing, just so, so unique and gorgeous. It reminds me of one those those free-spirited artist prints... peaceful and calming. Great job!