Feb 26, 2012

Dancing In the Rain!

Here is a card made for my dear friend, Jeanette's "Rain in the Forest Swap".  Now, it doesn't necessarily have to be forest related, The Forest is what we call her community on SCS, and she is known there as the Forest Ranger.  (Don't know why I am explaining this because I think all of my followers know her! LOL)   Anyway...


The color scheme is SU's Crushed Curry & Mellon Mombo, and the adorable Umbrella DP is from American Crafts, their Hello Sunshine series.  I'm not sure where I bought the stamp from...I've had it a while.  The ribbon is from either Michael's or AC Moore, bought on sale of course.  A Martha Stewart border punch was used along the edge and Mellon Mombo paper mounted on the inside panel to show through.

Here is a picture of a bouquet of flowers that our son brought me for my birthday a few weeks back.  The picture was actually taken TWO WEEKS after he brought me the flowers.  I texted him this picture because it was unbelievable that they lasted so long.  These flowers were my color inspiration for the card.



Here is a closer image showing more detail on the cute umbrellas. I only had one sheet of that DP, and now that it's gone, I think I may just have to get some more.  I really like it.

I certainly hope that those who receive my card in Jeanette's swap like them.

And remember:
Just DANCE!!  It will make you feel good!

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Darlene....I LOVE this! That is some kind of gorgeous ribbon and I really like the background paper and that image with the sentiment. SO PRETTY!
Lynn

April said...

That ribbon is TDF! These are beautiful and I might have to beg for one in my return envie!

:: BlueInks :: said...

That is the cutest umbrella DP! Great layout from your inspiration. Perfect card for the swap!

~Paola~ said...

Stunning card Darlene! I LOVEEE your fun color scheme, a great refections of your beautiful gifted flowers...the umbrella dp is TDF, the embossed sentiment utterly D-vine and that ribbon of yours is absolutly perfect!! such a great cheerful card!!!LOVE IT!♥

MiamiKel said...

How sweet, Darlene! What a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from your son - so thoughtful and a bright burst of color! Great color scheme to follow over into your card which is equally fabby - I'm sure the swappers will just love your happy, cheerful and wonderfully worded card! xoxo

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card! The DSP is perfect for the great image. WOW..... LOVE the ribbon!